Thursday, July 19, 2012

Summer Fun Continues

Summer fun is already in full swing and the kids are loving camp. Over July 4th weekend, the hubby and I both had some time off without the kids so we headed to the newest tourist attraction in our area - Ripley's Believe It or Not. I had been to some other locations before, but this was a first for the mister. We left the place thinking that there are too many people in this world with too much time on their hands. A Justin Bieber artwork made completely out of candy - seriously?

They had a huge "penny" made out of a gazillion real pennies.


Then there was a "coffin" made out of cigarette butts and cigars. A little tongue-in-cheek in a not-so-subtle way!


And a scaled-down replica of Hogwarts made out of a half a million matchsticks. I can't imagine the patience needed to construct something like this.


They also had these really interesting glass bottles with wooden arrows through them. We could not figure out how they did this, so if you know please share!!


We do allow the kids to have fun also :-) Here they are playing some arcade games at Chuck E. Cheese.


And my sister-in-law is being kind enough to give my daughter swimming lessons this summer. I am so proud of how much she has progressed so far! Unfortunately, my son doesn't like to venture too far off the steps at the edge. We're making progress with him though...


What kind of summer fun have you and your family been up to? It's been so hot by us lately that even walking from the house to the car is enough to work up a sweat!


Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Those are so cool!! I found you via the July Blog Hop and am happy to be your newest follower! I'd love a follow back at http://www.two-in-diapers.blogspot.com! :)

    ReplyDelete