Monday, March 26, 2012

Yard Updates

When I last posted about the yard, things weren't looking all that great. We had a bunch of trees taken down and their stumps ground up, but there were still big piles of wood chips across the lawn. Our neighbor's cleaning lady wanted the mulch for her garden so we were happy to see her take everything that she could. Numerous posts on craigslist offering free mulch only brought a handful of people and there was A LOT!

This is what the yard looked like after everyone took what they wanted:



In other words, still not all that good looking! Here's a view looking out towards the street.

We decided to also have these two bushes removed (should've had it done when the tree guys were here, but we decided too late). A few different landscaping companies came out to gives us some estimates for smoothing out the yard, removing remaining mulch, filling holes, planting grass, etc.

I was pleasantly surprised when I came home from work one day and found the yard looking like this.















It may not look like much to you, but for us it is amazing! We have a clean slate for our yard and I'm looking forward to adding some color. The protective layer that's over the grass seed is supposed to turn brown and disintegrate so we just have to wait for that to happen. In the meantime, I'm turning my attention elsewhere.

Our front flower bed is looking pretty haggard. There are hydrangeas (my favorites!) on the outer parts and three azalea bushes in the center. What do you mean you can't tell?















Are the random daffodils and humongous weeds blocking your view? Yeah, tell me about it. I'm looking forward to spending some time out here weeding and probably putting on some more mulch. I just need the weather to cooperate. It's been rainy and cool the past few days so nothing's happening out here yet.














Directly to the right and back of this flower bed is the future home of our vegetable garden. It doesn't look like much now, but after Passover, the kids and I are looking forward to some big time gardening. I already got some seeds so I need to read when the best time to plant them is. I think it still might be a little early, but we can definitely start carving out some space.























Did you get any projects done over the weekend?


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment