Thursday, February 9, 2012

Toy Trucks Organized

Do you ever have a problem trying to keep your kids' toys organized and the playroom clean? Then you're in good company! Lately I have found my son's trucks looking like this sometimes:























Not a pretty sight to behold! (This does not include all the smaller matchbox cars he has.) We had a space in between the couch and bookshelf and I put my thinking cap on to see what I could do to utilize this space and organize the mess. Then it came to me: a shoe organizer could become a truck garage! I got two of these from Target and started to build.


This is what it looks like when it's assembled.
It's great because they are stackable so you can easily (and securely) place one unit over another. This is how it looked when I put them together and put the trucks away! They are spread out nicely so there's still a little room for future trucks. Ah, much better! Let's hope the little guy keeps it looking like this!
































Pin It

Linking up here:

Home Stories A2Z  

11 comments:

  1. That's a great idea! I am not sure my son would keep them so neat but we also need to control the trucks!!! I have 2 of these in my garage in my garage sale pile!! Thanks for the great idea! Just followed you Linky Follow! Check me out as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi there. hopped on over thanks, to the blog hop. i'm a new linky follower. would love it if you would follow me as well. have a great night!! now i want a bunch of trucks to line up. this post is way to cute!! (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. I came over to follow you and hope you will come follow me as well.

    Cheri from Its So Very Cheri

    (if you are already following me--sorry for the confusion--I am having a hard time keeping track of all the new followers and trying to follow everyone who entered my Linky Follower Party Hop.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am now following you on Linky followers. I would love it if you followed me back. I always enjoy meeting new bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found you on the blog hop, I'm your newest LF follower- would love it if you followed me too!
    -Melissa
    www.serendipityandspice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea! My son has a plethora of trucks; this would definitely help organize! I found you via the linky blog hop; I'm now your newest Linky Follower! I'd love for you to come visit me at One Artsy Mama!

    http://oneartmama.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did this too! i noticed the kids like to have the toys visible (instead of in a chest or cabinet) and shelves worked the best...
    i am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is what we do and call it the "garage" my DS has pretty much followed putting his trucks in the garage since he was about 2. Works great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL! Now your little one really reminds me of mine as we have a similar truck collection. Such a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  10. how do you handle large bruder or tonka trucks? are the shoe racks deep enough?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have visited your blog and see your post, I appreciate your post for sharing all the important information for us. another booster shot given by MyFirstToy presents the Assembly Truck, a captivating playtime wonder. Let your child's imagination soar as they construct, deconstruct, and explore endless creations. With durable, child-safe materials, the Assembly Truck offers both fun and skill development. Watch as learning and laughter come together with this delightful toy.

    ReplyDelete