Sunday, February 12, 2012

Plans for the Back Entry

So we have a little situation by the back door.  It's become the dumping ground for coats, bags, shoes, cold weather accessories (and shovels, etc.). This door leads right to the driveway so it's the main entry/exit way. We were using a set of hooks but everything was so jumbled together that it was nearly impossible to take off one coat without the rest of them falling down. Not to mention that the kids couldn't reach the hooks themselves so they always needed someone to help them hang their things up. We needed a better solution. And stat!



I have seen so many beautiful rooms with board and batten and I thought this little "mudroom" would be a great spot to put some. Here are some inspiration pictures I love. (Click the pictures to go to the source.)

From Centsational Girl, this is in a hallway and the hooks are at a perfect kid height and I love the row of photos on top.


The Nester put hers in her office and I like that she put it up about two-thirds up her wall.


Thrify Decor Chick's board and batten is pretty much what I am envisioning, but mine will be a larger scale version of her. I like that she has two rows of hooks to maximize hanging space and I like that the vertical battens are the same width as the height of the horizontal ones.


Stay tuned to see how this plays out! Off to the hardware store....


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment