Thursday, January 26, 2012

Night Table

While I wait for the tree company to return and grind the stumps before I post some "after" pictures of the yard, I'd like to share another fun furniture project I recently completed.  This time I worked on re-finishing a night table for my daughter.

I had been looking all around for one, but was unsuccessful finding something that was the look and size I was going for. Enter in my mom, who happened to have a plain wooden night table (still in the box) that was the perfect victim piece for me to test out some new skills.

This isn't a true "before" picture since I forgot to take one, but this is basically what it looked like.

After assembling it, I sanded it down to remove the glossy-like finish to it and then used some white latex primer and two coats of white paint that we had lying around. I used a brush, but I think in the future I would like to experiment with a small foam roller because that seems to be the latest technique that people have been successful with.

It still needed "something" so I went to Anthropologie and got a pink crystal pull to replace the plain one it came with. It is the same one I used for her desk because even though they aren't in the same room now, it is highly likely that they will end up that way. 

But it still wasn't finished yet...  I went to Michael's and got some scrapbook paper to modge podge onto the sides and drawer front. Now we're talking!


Needless to say, my daughter loved it and has already filled the drawer with her "treasures"!





Linking up here:
HouseofHepworths

1 comment: